DA’s office calls for further investigation into fatal San Pedro park shooting – NBC Los Angeles

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office has asked police to conduct a further investigation involving four people arrested in connection with a San Pedro park shooting that left two dead and six injured in July.

As a result, three of the four suspects were released.

“A case has been presented to our office, but we have requested further investigation. Our office is in communication with the Los Angeles Police Department and will review the evidence once it is presented for review,” Greg said. Risling to the district attorney’s office. says City News Service.

On Monday, Los Angeles police say the four suspects were arrested last week by personnel from the LAPD Robbery and Homicide Division, Gang and Narcotics Division, Metropolitan Division, City Homicide Division. South Office,
and the FBI and indicted on suspicion of murder in connection with the July 24 shooting at Peck Park, 560 Western Ave.

Paramedics took three men and four women from the park for hospital treatment, including Tashman Williams, 31, and Carlyle Phillips, 29, who both died of their injuries, police said.

Another injured man was taken to hospital in a private vehicle.

At the time of the shooting, hundreds of people were in the park, which was the site of a car show and a weekly softball game. The motive for the shooting was unclear.

Raynard French, 56, was arrested in Carson; Travion McCraw, 41, was arrested in Lake Elsinore; Antoine Newsome, 41, was arrested in Gardena; and Kenyon Siler, 48, was arrested in Long Beach, police say.

French, Newsome and Siler have since been released, according to prison records.

Jail records show McCraw is being held by the California Department of Corrections and remains behind bars without bond.

Comments are closed.