Tips for safe travel on public transport
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta – Traveling on public transport increases a person’s risk of being exposed to COVID-19. To ensure safe travel, people are strongly recommended to remain vigilant while applying health protocols.
The national COVID-19 task force reminds the public to be disciplined in the practice of key hygiene during the continuing pandemic. The Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Transport have drafted a guideline for public travel in public transport.
Quoted from the Ministry of Health page www.kemkes.go.id, the spokesperson for the working group, Reisa Broto Asmoro, presents seven points of the directive as follows:
1. Before traveling, make sure you are in good health. People who are not feeling well are invited to stay in their homes.
2. It is best to take a mode of public transportation that limits the number of passengers.
3. Remember to always wear a face mask.
4. Wash your hands with hand sanitizer or wash your hands regularly to maintain hand hygiene.
5. Try not to touch your eyes, nose and mouth while traveling.
6. Discipline yourself by always maintaining a physical distance.
7. Wear a face shield as extra protection if public transport is crowded with passengers.
Related coverage: Safety tips for socializing with friends during a pandemic
PUSPITA AMANDA SARI